Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Kerry Contacts Swifty Foe

On Sunday night, John Kerry personally contacted Robert Brant, a swift boat veteran that worked closely with Kerry in Vietnam and now strongly opposes his campaign for presidency. When I first saw the headline, I was prepared to be impressed. It takes a big person to call and ask forgiveness from someone after so man years. Kerry didn't offer an apology, however, and what he said instead seems even more insulting. Here's an exerpt of the conversation:

KERRY: "Why are all these swift boat guys opposed to me?"
BRANT: "You should know what you said when you came back, the impact it had on the young sailors and how it was disrespectful of our guys that were killed over there." [Brant had two men killed in battle.]
KERRY: "When we dedicated swift boat one in '92, I said to all the swift guys that I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."

ALL THE REST OF THE VETERANS!!!! If I was a veteran I would be seriously pissed. Apparently his comments accusing US soldiers of war crimes was pointed at EVERYONE in the military except swiftboat veterans. I seriously doubt those that served in 'Nam are going to like this.

Additionally, the quote shows how out of touch Kerry is with the common veteran. "Why are all these swift boat guys opposed to me?" Don't be ridiculous John. Maybe its because you pointed a finger of blame at every soldier that ever served in Vietnam as soon as you came home. The quote shows that Kerry can't even grasp why veterans would dislike him. AND ITS SO OBVIOUS! There is no reason to vote for this guy for President.

For more, check out Drudge: http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc98.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counters
High Speed Internet Service
Blogarama - The Blog Directory