Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Soldier Sets Lauer Straight

I've been saying for a long time now, that it is the media that is fueling the national since of negativity in Iraq. If ANY negative thing in our society or world was the lead story of every media outlet every day and night, the people would believe about that thing like they do about Iraq now. We are winning in Iraq and we are going to finish what we started. A U.S. soldier made that point brilliantly:

Lauer: What would you say to those people who are doubtful that morale could be that high?

Soldier: Well sir, I'd tell you, if I got my news from the newspapers also I'd be pretty depressed as well!...For those of us who have actually had a chance to get out and meet the Iraqi Army and Iraqi police and go on patrols with them, we are very satisfied with the way things are going here and we are confident that if we are allowed to finish the job we started we'll be very proud of it and our country will be proud of us for doing it!

I encourage you to watch the video here. It is awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counters
High Speed Internet Service
Blogarama - The Blog Directory